Saturday, August 13, 2011

Satisfaction Survey


How will you ever know if you don’t ask…           

I’ve just driven over to Bend, Oregon and want to share a few of my service experiences.

First as we entered town we drove over a bike brake pad that stuck in my tire.  Went to Les Schwab and they were really great.  They run to the car, fast service and big smiles.  If we needed tires they would be at the top of my list. They have internet too so I could check my email while I waited.  I give then a 9 almost 10!

After that I went to McDonalds to have a mango smoothie.  I had not tried it and liked the way it looked on the billboard.  Now you need to know that I have not been to a McDonalds in at least 3 years.  I’m not a fan of their food but it looked so good.  We went through the drive through…what a disaster.  The service was terrible.  I had a long wait to get to the window and had an even longer wait to get my smoothie.  It’s a smoothie all you need to do is put it in a glass.  I give them a 1.  The bad news is I liked the smoothies but the service was so bad.

Last we went to Red Robin.  It was late; we had some desert and a few appetizers.  The service was ok and the food was ok.  Would I tell people to go there, no.  Would I tell people not to go there… no.
Here’s the problem none of the places did a satisfaction survey.  None of them know if I will risk my reputation and tell me friends to go there.  This is not about me it’s about the hundreds of other people that visited these businesses yesterday and the only way they could give feedback was to their friends and family.

Satisfaction surveys are a necessity for long term success.  If a business wants to survive and grow they need to know what their think of the experiences they have.  The person at McDonalds knew that I was not happy… did they do anything to make it better?  NO!

Customer satisfaction is critical.  Businesses need to provide the vehicle for fast, actionable feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment