Friday, August 26, 2011

Satisfaction Survey and Statistics

I know that many organizations use comment cards to collect customer satisfaction data.

I've read that only 30% of people fill them out.  I think that is wildly exaggerated.  I can't find anyone that admits to filling them out.

Well here is some interesting statistics that I'd like you to think about...

If you use comment cards and you want to "know" what your guests are thinking...

If you are willing to have an error of 4%

You have 200 customers per day

To have 95% confidence in the results you would need to get feedback from 150 of them.

I don't know any business that is getting that level of customer feedback.

So if you are only getting a few responses it's very hard to make educated decisions based on it.

I just read this and loved it...

“If restaurant comment cards had ears, they’d be deaf”...  Penelope Tsaldari


Hope this gave you somethings to think about!


Transforming the way customers share feedback and how organizations use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment