Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Customer Feedback - US Airways

After my flight I shared on my blog a note to the president of US Airways.  Well Saturday I got an email.  Of course it was not from him it was a generic after the flight electronic "comment card" asking for my opinions.

I decide to take it for giggles!

It was beyond disappointing!  None of the questions were about the flight that I had just taken.  All they wanted to know was demographics and 3 pages of early boarding questions.  Did I have children, do we early board, do I think early boarding makes it faster.

Once again some marketing person has hijacked customer feedback.  They do this under the banner of "We care" when it really should be "we want to know" and we are too cheap to pay you for your input.  What a terrible mistake this is.  When people use the name "customer feedback" as a way of hiding what they really want they do real damage.

The next time I get a survey from them my first reaction will be they don't care about the terrible service on my flight they want marketing data.

In all honesty I'm not sure what else they asked... after 3 pages I stopped answering and exited the survey.  Yes shorter is better!

Two other points... I replied to the email they send with a link to my previous blog post about my flights.  No one has replied... yes they really are about service!

Second... They don't even pay the extra $20 the URL said Survey Monkey.

Transforming the way customer feedback is shared and how organizations use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment