Thursday, August 25, 2011

Customer Satisfaction Survey

If you missed this article please take a minute and read it!

He really hits the nail on the head in so many ways.

We are proponents of brief surveys... usually only 5 questions.  I agree one is to short.  When you survey customers you have the opportunity to learn what is working and what needs to be worked on.  Not sure if I like the "tracking aggravation". I understand it but think it could be backward looking information.

In the article he says, "I don't know about you, but I hate customer satisfaction surveys. We are all inundated with them thanks to email. It used to be these things came in the mail (easy to throw out) or by telephone (hang up). Now, most of them come via email. I stay in hotels 100-plus nights a year, and no matter how big or small the hotel was, they always manage to send me a survey several days later. Like you, I delete the survey unless I really had a bad experience.


I did waste 15 minutes filling out one I got from a St. Regis Hotel vendor and was madder after filling out the survey than before I started it because there was no place for me to explain the problems I experienced at the property. Plus, I had to waste 15 minutes of my time, telling a company I just paid a lot of money to how they screwed up."


He goes on to say that a 30% return rate of a satisfaction survey is good for most surveys. I think even that is very hopeful. I just don't know people that will waste productive time to take a survey. If they could do it while they waited for their receipt maybe...

As you know we are not fans of a satisfaction survey.  When you ask if people are "satisfied" they have nothing at risk so the answer is a low value.


Getting the information is the first step... than you need to use it to improve!

Transforming the way people share feedback and how organizations use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment